I proudly introduce our new pediatric dentist Dr. Michia Johnson!
Some things to know about Dr. Johnson…
- She was born in Washington, DC and raised in Prince George’s County, Maryland
- She received her Bachelor of Science in Biology with a minor in Leadership Studies at Hampton University in Hampton, VA
- After college, she completed a pre-doctoral fellowship in cancer research at the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute
- She received her dental degree at Meharry Medical College, School of Dentistry in Nashville, TN
- She completed her Postdoctoral Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry at University of Maryland School of Dentistry in Baltimore, MD
- She is board certified by the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
During her training, Dr. Johnson received extensive clinical experience with treating children from underserved communities and those with special health care needs. She is a strong advocate of disease prevention and patient education. As one of four children, with seven nieces and nephews, Dr. Johnson also values the importance of family and community. She believes in providing relationship-based care and treating every patient with kindness and compassion. She is licensed in New Jersey and Maryland.
Dr. Johnson and her husband recently moved from the DC area to New York City. During her free time, she enjoys traveling, photography, yoga, and spending time with her family and friends.
NJ specialty number – Dr. Johnson – 06638